During the later half of 2014/15 Council’s Planning Department commenced a comprehensive review of the draft Maranoa Planning Scheme in order to address feedback received from the State Government, changes in legislative material and outdated content.
With the review now nearing completion, a number of significant amendments to the original draft document have been made to address gaps identified in the assessment provisions and improve the usability and efficiency of the document. Further, the scope of the content has broadened to substantially reduce the need for development proponents to consult supplementary material when considering development opportunities, preparing and undertaking proposals.
Amendments to the draft document include, but are not limited to:
- The development of codes for common and high impact activities, which clearly communicate the expectations, standards and opportunities available to proponents prior to Council undertaking the development assessment. Newly introduced codes include Accommodation Activities, Extractive Industries, Home Based Businesses, Markets and Landscaping.
- The integration of flood hazard mapping and data that was previously unavailable for Roma, Mitchell, Amby, Surat, Injune, Wallumbilla, Muckadilla, Mungallala and Yuleba.
- The development of a Flood Overlay Code outlining the extent of development accepted in areas identified as subject to flooding, based on the level of hazard and impact.
- The development of local area plans that integrate the outcomes sought to be achieved by Council’s existing local area plans (i.e. consolidation of development objectives for the region through integration of valuable external material).
- The development of Local Area Plans for the Roma Airport precinct and Roma Saleyards, to facilitate a straightforward assessment process for activities that are desired in these areas.
The draft Maranoa Planning Scheme will be publically notified in the later part of this year to give the community an opportunity to review and provide feedback.
Following this, it is anticipated for the Maranoa Planning Scheme to be finalised in 2015/16.
Current Planning Schemes and Maps
Fees and Charges Schedule
Building and Planning checklists and forms