Rates notices were posted to residents at their last known address. Please note that rates notices can now be emailed. If you would like to receive your rates notice via email, please visit your local Customer Service Centre and complete an application to make the change.
Residents who own land in the Maranoa and do not receive a rate notice are encouraged to contact Council to receive a copy.
To receive the prompt payment discount of 5% of the general rates charged, the total rates and charges owing (including any arrears), must be paid in full by close of business on Friday, 6 November 2020. This means that time delays must be taken into account when making payments by either electronic means or via post. Please ensure that any electronic payments are made well in advance of the last date for discount to avoid missing out due to delays in the money being transferred to Council's account.
Ratepayers are encouraged to pay through the secure online payment portal. This can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from the convenience of your home or business. To access the portal, visit www.maranoa.qld.gov.au and click the Make a Payment tab.
Ratepayers are also reminded rate payments can be made in person or by phone through Australia Post which ensures that there are no delays in mail reaching Council.
The complete list of payment methods is included below:
- Online via Council's secure online payment portal using your credit card. Please visit Council website www.maranoa.qld.gov.au and click the Make a Payment tab
- Online via BPay
- In person – cash, cheque, money order, EFTPOS, Visa or Mastercard at any Maranoa Regional Council Customer Service Centre
- By phone to Council – call 1300 007 662
- By phone to Australia Post – 13 18 16
- In person – at any Australia Post office
- By Australia Post - Billpay
- By mail – PO Box 620, Roma Qld 4455
Residents who are experiencing financial difficulty and cannot pay the rates in full by the due date, can apply to Council to enter into a payment arrangement to pay rates in smaller, regular payments. However, the prompt payment discount does not apply to this option.