As part of Council's Draft Community Engagement Framework, Council recognises that decision making is enhanced through interaction and communication with the community that elected members represent.
Representation on Council Committees has been identified as an important forum in seeking community and key stakeholder input.
The Roma Saleyards Advisory Committee is a valuable and successful committee whose key objective is to provide recommendations about Saleyard operations and future development of the precinct.
The committee will comprise of the following representation-
- Two (2) Councillors - Peter Flynn (Chair) and Wendy Newman
- Agent Representation-
- Roma Livestock Agents Association President
- Roma Livestock Agents Association Vice President.
Participants in an 'Ex-officio' capacity-
- MRC – Manager Saleyards
- Officer of Queensland Police Service
- Officer of Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (DAFF)
- Officer of Department of Transport and Main Roads
- Other Council representatives as required (e.g. Director Corporate, Community & Commercial Services, Communications, Information Technology, Saleyards Contractor).
Council is now seeking to renew membership of the following representative groups, and nominations are now called for-
- Two (2) Vendor representatives
- Two (2) Buyer representatives
- One (1) Local Transport Operator Representative
- One (1) Stock transport Operator Representative.
It is intended that the group will continue to meet at an agreed time on a monthly basis. This rotation will be reviewed from time to time dependant on the requirements of the group. Membership on the committee will be for the remainder of this term of Council, with a review undertaken prior to expiration of the Committee to determine requirements in preparation for the next term of Council.
Nominations are now closed.