A kaleidoscope of colours, sounds, sights,
flavours and fun is set to transform the Maranoa when the Maranoa Food &
Fire Festival 2017 unfolds at the Big Rig, Roma on Saturday, 12 August. This
biennial event unites the community in a celebration and the sharing of
culturally diverse dance, food, performances and exhibitions.
The Maranoa Food & Fire Festival is an initiative of Maranoa Regional
Council and is delivered in partnership with many community groups and
organisations across the region. During the 2015 festival, almost 4,000 people
flocked to Roma to revel in the community’s love affair with its cultural
diversity, with crowds eating, dancing, singing and connecting.
Plans for this year’s festival include:
- Multicultural food stalls run by community organisations and local businesses
- Performances by local groups from across the region
- Roving performances throughout the afternoon
- Market stalls showcasing local and regional produce and arts and crafts
- Workshops conducted with regional school children to educate and encourage
performances in the lead up to the festival
- Celebrity chef to showcase local produce and industry and provide interactive
opportunities for sponsors
- A variety of multi-cultural performers
- International beer and wine
Download the festival program here:
Maranoa Food and Fire Festival Program.pdf
For more information please visit www.maranoa.qld.gov.au or check out the Maranoa Food & Fire Facebook Page.