There really is something for everyone at this year’s Easter in the Country festival.
Whether you’re a thrill-seeker, cultural buff or someone who appreciates life at a more leisurely pace, this fantastic festival features a wide-range of experiences for all. The event is also an opportunity for the residents of Roma and the Maranoa to invite their relatives and friends to spend a long weekend in the country and enjoy the atmosphere and friendliness that our region has to offer.
New highlights for 2016 include:
- An annual favourite of all visitors to Roma’s Easter in the Country is Origin’s Music in the Street. This year, the committee are thrilled to welcome country music super star James Blundell!
- The festival’s opening dinner Outback Tucker Under the Stars, will be held on Thursday, March 24 at 6:00pm at the Roma Saleyards. Featuring local produce freshly cooked on site, a beer expert, Mandandanji bush tucker, the annual True Blue awards and light entertainment includes a mock bull sale. Purchase your tickets early to avoid missing out.
- The Roma Strade Rosso Cycle challenge through a course consisting of a combination of tar-sealed and red gravel roads on Friday, March 25 from 8am.
- Visit the Roma History Lodge’s latest exhibition which explores the history of the Queensland Transport Brigade and Ambulance in Roma on Saturday, March 26 from 2pm to 4pm.
- Plus don’t miss out on your annual favourites, including the country markets, the Saturday morning street parade, Roma’s Monster Easter Egg Hunt, Speedway, Mud Derby, MotorX , the Friday Night Bull ride and XXXX Rodeo.
This year’s event is shaping up to be bigger and better than ever and that’s why they say “Roma is the place to bring your family this Easter!”