Helping raise vital funds for the Royal Flying Doctor Service and the Injune and Mitchell Ambulance Committees, residents and visitors are invited to attend the iconic Tooloombilla Rodeo and Campdraft.
With FREE entry, all of the action is kicking off on Friday afternoon until Sunday. Alongside the classic events, the Bushman’s Challenge (to be held on Saturday) is set to be a major drawcard. The bar will be running all weekend and volunteers in the kitchen will be cooking up a storm, making sure no one goes hungry.
The event features a smorgasbord of great entertainment and challenges including:
• On Saturday two arenas will run simultaneously, with rodeo events in one and campdrafting in the other.
• An exciting bull ride with $2,000 prize money on Saturday Afternoon.
• Rodeo Events including Bareback, Saddle Bronc, Poddy Rides and Barrel Racing.
• Sunday’s Gymkhana will give kids an opportunity to show their riding talents off and to meet others from the district.
• DJ Johnny Mac providing fantastic music on Saturday night.
• Multi-draw raffles will feature a variety of prizes and there will be a jumping castle for the kids.
The Tooloombilla Rodeo and Campdraft Association Incorporated is a not-for-profit organisation. It was founded in 1973 by a dedicated group of strong community minded individuals who saw a need to draw together people from local stations and businesses.
As the Tooloombilla area doesn’t have a community meeting place, the association’s major goal was to increase social interaction and create a significant event for the community.
The Tooloombilla Rodeo and Campdraft is held at Tooloombilla Station, located between the towns of Mitchell and Injune. The Australian Campdrafting Association and the Queensland Rodeo Association now regard the weekend as an important date on their event calendars.
In recent years the event (supported by local families and businesses) has been able to donate approximately $20,000 to the Royal Flying Doctor Service and the Mitchell and Injune Ambulance Services annually.