Community Support Service
Council’s Community Support Service (operating from the Community Hub) provides individual and community support by linking people to services, acting as an information resource to services and the general community, coordinating community education courses and developing community projects designed to enhance community capacity.
- Information and support regarding services available in Roma and surrounding communities.
- Support and referral.
- Information and education opportunities on relevant issues.
- Budgeting advice and workshops.
- Assistance with the submission of forms, online applications, providing and sourcing information.
- Referrals to other services where appropriate.
- Assistance with NILS (No Interest Loan Scheme) application submissions.
P: 1300 007 662
Location: Roma Community Hub, 57 Bungil Street, Roma
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 8.20am - 12.30pm and 1.30pm - 5.00pm.
Maranoa Regional Council operates a community housing program aimed at assisting residents to obtain long term, affordable housing.
Community housing is designed for long-term tenancies. It offers independent living in a safe, secure and affordable environment to the aged, low income, youth and single parent families.
- Assistance available includes:
- Property management
- Tenancy management
- Referral to support agencies
- Help with completion of application for housing assistance forms
The community housing program has long-term housing in Injune, Mitchell, Roma, Surat and Wallumbilla.
For further information contact Council's Housing team via the above contact details.