Authorised officers are appointed by Council to control animal management issues within the region.
Such officers are authorised to:
- Educate the community through special events, education material, school visits.
- Seize and impound animals wandering at large.
- Declare dangerous dogs.
- Investigate complaints including nuisance and dog attacks.
- Issue notices and fines (SPER) to identified non-compliant animal keeper/carer.
- Issue destruction orders in accordance with Local Law/Legislation.
- Entry onto land in certain circumstances.
For more information on Council's Local Laws, follow the links below:
- Animal Management Act (Cats and Dogs) 2008
- Local Government Act 2009
- Disability Discrimination Act 1992