Being physically active is an important part of leading a healthy lifestyle. Research has shown that simply reducing the time spent sitting each day can reduce the risk of health problems.
Be Healthy & Safe Maranoa has some great activities and ideas to get you moving more and sitting less.
Take the challenge to keep active and healthy, while socialising and enjoying the outdoors.
The benefits of being physically active are endless!
- Reduce your risks of chronic disease such as diabetes, heart disease, obesity and some cancers
- Help to maintain a healthy weight
- Help manage stress and anxiety
- Feel happier and reduce the symptoms of depression
- Relieve the pain of tension headaches
- Improve sleep
- Help strengthen bone density
- Assist in efforts to stop smoking
- Help reduce short-term memory loss in older individuals
- Reduce medical and healthcare expense
- Improve posture
Outdoor Exercise Equipment
The Maranoa is home to a full range of outdoor exercise equipment, with fitness stations along trails and walking paths in six towns. From simple, static equipment for chin-ups and sit-ups, to interactive and moveable equipment proving cardio, flexibility and strengthening benefits.
This equipment is suitable for a wide range of ages and abilities and is great for first time fitness through to an intense workout.
Find outdoor exercise equipment in your local area:
|Mitchell:||RSL Combined Sports Club||Wallumbilla:||Memorial Hall|
Roma Community Garden
|Yuleba: ||Garth Cox Park|
There are a number of public swimming pools throughout the Maranoa - check the opening hours for your local swimming pool!