With volunteers at the heart of every sporting club, community organisation, event and activity, National Volunteer Week is an opportunity to celebrate and thank all those who give their free time to a cause – whatever it may be!
To allow residents from across the region to attend, transport will be available from:
- Yuleba – The bus departs from the Yuleba Roadhouse at 5.15pm.
- Surat – The bus departs from the Surat Council office at 5.15pm.
- Injune – The bus departs from the Injune Council office at 5pm.
- Mitchell – The bus departs from the Mitchell Council office at 5pm.
- Wallumbilla – The bus departs from Calico Cottage at 5.40pm.
As part of Volunteer Week celebrations, Council would also like to show its appreciation to our community's volunteers in each of our local areas:
- Yuleba – Please join us for morning tea on Monday, 27 May at the Yuleba Customer Service Centre Meeting Room from 10.30am.
- Surat – Please join us for breakfast at the Surat Markets on Saturday, 25 May at Riverside Parklands from 7am.
If you are a volunteer please collect your voucher from the Surat Council Office by 5pm Friday, 24 May. Community groups and organisations can nominate their Surat volunteers by contacting their Local Development Officer on 1300 007 662.
- Injune – Please join us for morning tea with guest speaker, Joy Denton on Monday, 20 May at Henricks Park from 10am.
- Mitchell – Please join us for high tea at the Great Artesian Spa on Tuesday, 21 May from 9.30am – 10.30am.
- Wallumbilla – Please join us on Friday, 24 May at the Wallumbilla Memorial Hall from 9.30am -10.30am for morning tea.
Please call 1300 007 662 to RSVP to your Local Development Officer today!