Throughout the month, Council will be introducing the new Ambassadors as well as sharing a range of Be Healthy & Safe Maranoa initiatives, information, activities and events to encourage a healthy and happy lifestyle for residents and their pets.
- 'A Dog's Day Out' – Saturday, 15 October - theme is 'Heroes' so be sure to get your costume organised early!
- Pet education videos – grab a pen and paper for some important tips from our local vets.
- The RSPCA Van will be visiting schools throughout the region from 10 -14 October 2016 providing students with a range of interactive and fun activities.
- Go for a walk or ride along the region's trails – why not stop and do some exercises along the way? Use your mobile's QR scanner for videos on how to use the exercise equipment.
- Get stuck into the garden while meeting up with friends at the Roma Community Garden.
- Happy, Healthy Workshops – learn lifelong skills in nutrition, moving your body, setting goals and maintaining mental wellbeing.
- Mums & Bubs Workshops:
- Better Breastfeeding – Saturday, 15 October 2016, 9-11am;
- Introducing Solids – Saturday, 29 October 2016, 9-11am.
- Cooking Workshops – coming soon!
Councillor Janelle Stanford, Portfolio Chair for Community & Social Services said October is a great time of year to reassess your health goals.
"With the warmer weather, now is a great time to get out and be active, make healthier food choices, and also check that you're being the most responsible pet owner possible to your four-legged family members," Cr Stanford said.
"Our new Ambassadors are a great inspiration for the Maranoa as a whole on living a healthy, happy lifestyle. I invite everyone to take a look at the new information available, and come along to our activities and events."
Keep an eye out on our Facebook Page 'My Maranoa' and the Bottle Tree Bulletin for more information about our six Ambassadors.
For more information about these programs, please contact Be Healthy & Safe Maranoa on 1300 007 662.